Saturday, April 21, 2012

Field Trip - Crabapples in Bloom

The crabapples are at peak bloom right now. A little early for Minnesota, but it's nice to have so much color this early in the spring. Our crabapple is a cloud of pink. Soon the petals will make a pink carpet on the ground. It ends up rather messy, but very pretty at the same time.

Last year I made a trip to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum to check out their Crabapple Collection in full bloom. I didn't get around to posting those photos last year, and this year I didn't make it to the Arboretum to see the collection, so I think it'll be fine to post last year's pictures this year. Enjoy!




~~~~~~~~~




~~~~~~~~~




~~~~~~~~~




~~~~~~~~~




~~~~~~~~~

As pretty as these photos are, nothing compares to actually walking among these trees, immersing yourself in color. I highly recommend you set aside a day to lose yourself among the flowering crabapples.

No comments:

Post a Comment