Sunday, April 15, 2012

GBBD - April 2012

April 15th - Income Tax Day in the U.S. (Well, this year it's on the 17th thanks to the 15th falling on a weekend.) Hope you have your returns all sealed up and ready to mail, or have filed for extensions! I fall into the latter category... :\

Enough of that. On to the important stuff...

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day! Let's start with the early-spring tulips.







My favorite.


~~~~~~~


There are still a hand-full of daffodils blooming.

It seems the crabapples are blooming earlier this year, so I looked back at photos of our crabapple. It is blooming two weeks earlier than it did in 2010.




~~~~~~~


The Emerald Blue Creeping Phlox (Phlox subdulata 'Emerald Blue')
happily creeping over the rocks.

American Dog Violet (Viola conspera)
Why it is called a dog violet I have no idea.

What yard would be complete without a
few (thousand) Dandelions? (Taraxacum officinale)

Grape Hyacinth (Muscari armeniacum)

Grape Hyacinth close-up

The next plant technically isn't blooming yet, but it's the one I am most excited for: the Fern Leaf Peony (Paeonia tenuifolia)! These little guys were planted in 2008 and have more than doubled in size. Each plant has almost a dozen buds. I cannot wait for them to bloom!



Can't you just feel the anticipation?!

1 comment:

  1. I have a little itty bitty peony coming up in my garden! Yay!

    ReplyDelete