Friday, March 9, 2012

A Touch of Whimsy

I recently made a trip to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum in Chaska, Minnesota. They always have a variety of rotating displays and exhibits throughout the year. I specifically wanted to see the display of fairy gardens, and was lucky to discover they extended the run of the exhibit a week.


This particular exhibit was presented by the folks at Tonkadale Greenhouse, based in nearby Minnetonka. (I realize I am endorsing my competition, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due). The diminutive gardens are very creative and full of charming whimsy.













Not all the fairy gardens were made by Tonkadale. Various Arboretum members and staff also displayed their creations. These are two of my favorites.

"Cabin by the Lake"
by Chad Sypnieski - Arboretum Member

untitled
by Sandy Seha - Arboretum Staff

I believe this was made so that kids could play with it.



2 comments:

  1. How long are the faerie gardens going to be there? I want to see these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The exhibit will be there until Sunday, March 11th. They're in the lobby of the new main building.

    ReplyDelete