Friday, March 2, 2012

Christmas Cactus - Update #2

If you remember from Update #1, our Christmas Cactus had a second flush of flowers.

Second set of flowers. Taken February 2, 2012.

Those have faded and been removed. At the time we could clearly see there were more buds forming, and most of them would go on to flower.

Third (!) set of flower buds forming. Taken February 2, 2012

I've been casually and randomly checking on the new flower buds and watching them slowly get bigger. This morning I found these:




A third set of flowers? Somewhere around a dozen. This thing just won't quit! I am (im)patiently waiting for it to stop blooming so that I can prune and repot it, which is supposed to happen one month after it has stopped blooming. At the rate this plant is going, I won't be able to do anything with it until May!

~~~~~~~

(But I have finally figured out how to get the best angle to take pictures of this Christmas cactus, since it's hanging over the sink and pressed against the window. I have to sit on the counter, lean over the sink and hold the camera parallel with the window and hope I don't fall off the counter or into the sink.)

The things I do for the sake of a horticulture blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment