Sunday, July 17, 2011

Height of Summer

Sorry to have fallen off the grid for a while. Work is keeping me very busy, which is very good, but also very exhausting. I hope to blog some more when things calm down.

The weather has been quite the roller coaster ride. After a few days of high 90s with equally high humidity, we dropped back into mid 70s with clouds and spotty rain for a week. Then Friday was a veritable monsoon. Now we get to enjoy an entire week of high 90s and high humidity again. Most of the state is under an excessive heat warning since the heat indexes are expected to be near 110 degrees. (and people don't believe it ever gets hot in Minnesota!) I'm not even checking the weather reports anymore. My forecast: oppressive with a 100% chance of miserable. The AC is working overtime and it feels like you walk into a wall when you dare to open you door. And I get to work in it. Granted, it'll most likely be half-days - I'm not that
crazy. So it goes when you have an obligation to your clients.

But I'm still not looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment